Thursday, February 12, 2009

Circles and More Circles

Remember the basket of scrap wool in the previous post? Well, I've pulled some pieces out and cut some into strips for rug hooking and others in circles. Yes, circles of wool for a penny rug. Here are some to start out with.

After a bit, I just had to play with them to see how they would look. I'll do something like this layout, only larger, and stitch them down on a light colored piece of wool. I'm thinking of using Walnut Crystals to dye the cream colored wool that I have for the background. I'm planning a scrappy penny rug/runner for my buffet cabinet.

Now I have to take a break from the wool stash. My nose has been itching and I have been sneezing with all of the wool dust from cutting.

What do I work on next?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the wool circles, Dana! Makes me want to play in my wool pile, too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dana!!

Love your wool and can't stress that enough. Can't wait to see your penny rug. I'll email you off this.... "for our eyes only."

Karen said...

Love the circles!