Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Header for a New Year

Hi everyone!  Wow, can you believe it's a new year?  Time just seems to get away from me.  I know I keep having to apologize for not posting.  I really do have intentions to post and then when I get to the computer, I forget or something comes up that I have to do.  One of the things that I have been wanting to do is to learn how to edit my pics.  I've seen so many blogs that have nice collages, etc and I don't have any software to edit my pics.  I have a Macbook and with iPhoto, there really wasn't anything to do this with.  So tonight I checked out Picassa to edit and was playing around a bit to figure it out.  I made a collage of some WIP blocks and while it isn't the best, I thought I'd try it out.  What photo editing software do you all use?  

Also, I see so many graphics on sidebars and wonder where you all get them.  I would love to make my blog enjoyable and also use it as a journal/notebook of my projects.  Maybe have a WIP list on the side, some pics of my completed projects.  So any tips you all can give me will be appreciated.  

We went home to TN for Christmas this year.  It was a nice visit, even if the drive is so long.  It takes around 15 hours to get there.  The boys had a good Christmas and loved being with their Grandparents.  Doug surprised me with an Accuquilt Go Cutter!  Now I get to play around with it.  We've only been back home since Sunday, so I've had to deal with laundry, but I did play around with the circle die cutter  and tried it out on wool.  It cuts the wool pretty good.  I just wish they would have circles in between 1" and 2", as I would prefer those sizes for penny rugs.  I will have to work on taking pics and posting in a few day.  I'm paying for the trip and over doing things with a fibromyalgia flare up right now.  Maybe I'll work on my list of things to do in 2011.  

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! 

5 comments:

Siobhán said...

Hey Chelle! Happy New Year! I'm glad you had a good Christmas. Love the blog header photo! It disappears after a few seconds, though--not sure why. That happens on another blog that I visit, too. ??

I use Picasa and www.picnik.com to edit my photos and then post them through Flickr. I get some of my blog buttons/widgets from www.justsomethingimade.com and from shabby blogs--type that into google and you'll get the correct URL. Hope that helps a bit!

Anonymous said...

Hey Dana! Love the new header!!! I want mine to look something like this!! How did you get the writing of Primitive Elegance? LOVE IT!!!! I need to hire somebody to redo mine and make tabs with prices of my quilting etc.
Enjoy your GO! Sounds like you'll be having some fun now!!

antique quilter said...

love your new look on the blog!
I have always said I love primitive but Primitive Upscale as I call it!
Love Primitive Elegance I can go with that too!
Hope your feeling better and quilting away or knitting can't wait to see your next project
kathie

Jackie's Stitches said...

I need to learn more about photography. I'd like to change my blog header to reflect everything I'm interested in (multiple photos). I hope to get some time to check out Picassa as you suggested.

Karen said...

There are sites that have free headers and graphics you can use. Here is one.
http://daisygraydesign.blogspot.com/
And another.
http://www.myonecuteblog.com/
You can do a Google search and come up with more. Also note headers on blogs you visit. Often there is a credit given for where they got their blog designs.