Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Little Sewing Time

After having a flare up of Fibromyalgia the past couple of weeks, I finally got a few days of feeling better. So hopped down to my sewing room and got my machine out. Poor thing had to be dusted off, as I haven't sewn on her in awhile. It felt really good to do some basic piecing again. I stepped out of my box a bit and went for some springy, light, romantic colors. I've done prim for so long and we've had such dreary grey days here, that I really needed a pick me up. I also chose something simple. Another thing that I haven't done in a long time. For years, I've done applique quilts and felt the need for some simplicity in my life. So I chose a simple block, the Churn Dash. Right now I have about 12 blocks done, but have cut out 11 more to make this quilt a 5 x 5 block quilt. The pick above is the border fabric that I am planning to use for it. The inner border fabric, might not be able to work, as I only have a fat 1/4. So depending on if I have enough of it or not, it might not be used. I'm hoping I can, even if it's just a 1/2" wide inner border.

We had plans for today. We were going to go to Cologne and walk around. Well, I ruined it. I went down to my sewing room and was putting some fabric away and turned the wrong way. Pulled my back and hip, so now I am laying in bed on a heating pad with laptop to post to my blog. Go figure! I was so looking forward to today. Gotta have DH bring me some stitching up to work on. Until next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Dana...I can't believe you girl! The weather must have co-operated finally too for a walk in Cologne. Get some rest for sure! These blocks really are "out of your comfort zone" but oh my look fantastic!! I'd never have expected them in a line up to match to you. I love simple.....I need to make one of these....it is simple yet ELEGANT!